"If you're not prepared to be wrong you will never come up with anything original"

Thursday, September 22, 2011

My Landscape.. Sorta.

My "landscape" painting assignment was definitely an experience. Not finding an interesting place on campus, Emma, Anne and I ventured to a new location that I had found which contained a more complicated landscape (in hindsight... not my best idea.)
I have never been a person to do art quickly, and this was no exception. Though one of my goals for the year is to be able to work quicker. I would love to be able to paint a landscape in less time. I have yet to finish my painting... that's been going on for a week... and I'm not even close.
The parts of my painting I did finish I worked on pretty hard and am proud of my effort, but the actual product is less impressive. I liked painting in watercolor, but I chose to paint with a small brush and paint very detailed, causing me not to finish. I clearly need to take a better approach next time, but overall: good learning experience.

Three Things I Did Well:
1. gained experience with watercolor
2. good composition
3. background wash of color - SO HELPFUL!

Three Things I Need to Improve:
1. speed
2. less detail originally
3. depth

No comments:

Post a Comment